Large Motor & Generator Repair Services
When it comes to large and extra-large motors or large and extra-large generators MSC is your one stop shop. We test, repair, rewind, remanufacture and reverse engineer heavyweight motors and generators to ensure our customers receive the best service in the country.
- Rewinds with inverter voltage spike resistant insulation system
- Computer-assisted winding data check and redesign
- Vacuum Pressure Impregnation with 100% solids polyester resin
- Electrical testing and evaluation
- Testing and repair of stator core-iron laminations
- Complete in-house machine and fabrication shop
- Dynamic balancing
- All components meet MSC’s standards for quality.
- Our technicians are fastidious about their attention to detail.
- Today’s new digital technology allows more reliable and flexible control of your existing motors.
Testing and inspection diagnostics
Visual inspection, phase comparison tests, overvoltage tests, load and no-load tests, dielectric absorption tests, hi-potential tests, impulse and surge comparison and vibration analysis.
- Failure analysis
- Finite element analysis
- Winding / horsepower upgrades
- Project management
Coil winding and replacement
From small IHP motors up to large form-wound machines as high as 25,000 HP. In addition, MSC can also provide custom-manufactured coil replacements to desired specifications.
Includes shaft machining, DC armature turning and undercutting, bearing spin casting and re-babbitting, complete stator burnout and dynamic balancing.
Including Dip and Bake, Thermalastic coil insulation and Epoxy Vacuum Pressure Impregnation (VPI)
MSC maintains 24/7 availability of portable field equipment for immediate dispatch to the customer site. This includes diagnostic, disassembly/reassembly, motor rewinding and motor reconditioning equipment, as well as precision balancing apparatus.